Every RoundTeam user has an option to create their own Twitter application, which will make retweets.
The setting up process can be divided into two parts following one another.
Part 1. Creating your own application on Twitter.
1) Login to https://apps.twitter.com/ using any of your Twitter accounts. It might be the Twitter account you use to login to RoundTeam, or any other Twitter account you own. For the purpose of a vivid example, we used a Twitter account we created before, called @RoundTeam_demo.
2) Click the "Create New App” button.
3) Fill in all fields like the following:
Don’t forget to click “Yes, I Agree” after reading the Developer Rules of the Road, then fill in CAPTCHA and click “Create your Twitter application”.
You will be redirected to the Details page of your newly created application:
4) In order to allow your application to make retweets and post Direct Messages as new Tweets on your behalf, it needs to be granted “Read, Write and Access direct messages” permission. To do this, please click "modify app permissions" link in Application Settings section:
Finish with the "Update Settings" button.
Note: It might take several minutes before application’s settings will be updated.
Congratulations, now you're all set with creating you own Twitter application!
Part 2. Adding your newly created Twitter application to RoundTeam.
After you have created your RoundTeam account and added your first Twitter account (Team), you can connect your own retweet application to RoundTeam.
Here are the instructions for the second part of the process:
1) Click on your Twitter user name at the top right corner of your RoundTeam dashboard and choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu:
2) You will see the following page with already filled in Consumer Key and Consumer Secret of RoundTeam default retweet app:
To fill in credentials of your own application, you need to return back to https://apps.twitter.com and click your retweet app’s name. You will see the Details page.
3) Click the "Key and Access Tokens" tab. Here you’ll find the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret of your own retweet app. Copy and paste them to the corresponding fields on your RoundTeam Settings page. Finish with the “Save own application” button.
4) Every time you make changes to your retweet application or it’s credentials, you need to re-connect all your existing Twitter accounts (Teams) to RoundTeam. To do this, please click the “Add account” button and re-connect each of your Twitter accounts. The detailed instructions on how to do this are here.
Note: There is no need to delete your Twitter accounts before re-connecting them! Also, your current retweet configuration will remain the same after re-connecting.
After this point you are all set with connecting your own retweet application to your RoundTeam account.
Visit RoundTeam How To page to learn more about how to set up your RoundTeam account.
Follow updates about our new features at @RoundTeam.
Enjoy and happy retweeting!